Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Baby Boomer Celebrity will Judge my Mother's Day Contest

I was on the phone talking to my husband when my other line beeped in. When I clicked over the voice on the other end said, "Hi Bev. This is Dwight Hicks. I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you. I just saw your email." Well, I have to tell you I didn't remember off hand who Dwight Hicks was so I put him on hold and clicked back over to my husband. I told him about this man on the other line and I would see what he wanted and call "my man" back.

When I clicked back over to Dwight I had to ask him to refresh my memory because it was obvious I didn't remember. I joked and said, "When you talk to as many people as I do in a day it's hard to remember them all!" Then he said, "Remember, you wanted to interview me. I'm played for the 49ers."

Then it hit me like a ton of brick!!! I was talking with two-time super bowl champion Dwight Hicks! Oh, my God! I do remember putting in an interview request with his agent more than a month ago but when I didn't hear back I just assumed it wasn't going to happen. He was so gracious and so easy to talk to. I set up the interview and then realized I needed another judge for the Mother's Day contest. So what did i do? I just asked him point blank: "Would you consider being a judge for my Mother's Day Contest?"

He said, "Yes, sure!"

OK now here's where I wanted to scream on the telephone but I maintained my composure and told him the details and then he offered to donate an autographed photo of himself to one of the winners. OK...that's good.

So yesterday I got a two-for-one with Dwight Hicks. This is just one more example of how God really works because just the day before I was asking my husband where I was going to find another judge since Nikki Giovanni couldn't do it (because of the shooting investigation).

Will YOUR ESSAY be the one Dwight likes the best? You won't know if you don't enter. Entry deadline is May 9. Send entries to: babyboomervalentine@gmail.com

1 comment:

Carine-what's cooking? said...

Bev,
so glad I'm not the only one who can't remember anything!

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...