Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Mother's Heartbreak

You can't be human and not feel some sense of the loss at Virginia Tech. Even though I don't know anyone there (except for Nikki Giovanni who reviewed the manuscript for my book), I have thought about the fact that I could've been the mother of any one of those students. I would imagine many, if not all, of the moms are baby boomer women like me; women who have worked hard to get their children to a point of becoming self sufficient and prepared to take on the world.

As a mom, I can relate to the pain the mothers of the victims must be feeling. I can identify with the array of emotions that must be taking a toll on them mentally, physically and spiritually. I send my daughter off to school everyday not thinking for one minute that she could become the victim of a shooter's rampage.

Sadly, we live in a time where the morals and values I grew up on have disappeared and we are now having to face the reality that some people don't value much of anything anymore---including life.

No comments:

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...