Did you know June is the most popular month for weddings---followed by August, May and September?
Upon doing some research to see how expensive weddings have become, I discovered the following facts:
* The average wedding costs more than $28,200.
* The reception accounts for 43 percent of wedding costs, with an average price tag of $12,343.
* Outside of the reception, the largest chunks of money are going to engagement rings ($5,000), photography and video ($3,378), music ($1,297), and wedding rings ($1,727).
* The average wedding cake costs $461.
* The current average cost of an engagement ring is $5,002, down $229 from 2012's average cost of $5,229.
* The average wedding dress costs $1,380, up $25 from 2012's average cost of $1,355.
* The average bridesmaids' dress costs $134, consistent with the cost in 2012.
*$72 billion per year is spent on weddings
*$8 billion per year is spent on honeymoons
*The average honeymoon budget is $3,657
Our honeymoon ended up being the most expensive cost for us when we traveled to St. Lucia. How expensive was YOUR wedding?
To read more go here: Wedding costs