Skip to main content

I got REVIVED last night!

For the past three nights, my church has been holding a revival. Before I go any further, I wonder why it's called a "revival?" Does that mean it's a time to have our souls renewed and revitalized? And why do we need someone other than our OWN PASTOR to "revive" us? Well, after last night I think I know the answer.

For this year's revival, the guest speaker was Dr. Claude Alexander from the University Park Baptist Church in Charlotte, NC. I had never heard of him but my girlfriend Tasha said she watches him on the Word Channel and sang his praises and since I respect her opinion I decided to go check him out. If I didn't do it on Wednesday night, I wouldn't get another opportunity because that was the LAST night of the revival.

Well, let me tell you, I got revived, rejuvenated, renewed and I rejoiced the entire time! Dr. Alexander had a message just for ME. The title of his sermon was, "You're NOT Dreaming!" He told me I wasn't dreaming. He tied my story into the story of Peter (Acts 12). This is where Peter was in prison, handcuffed to the guards, who were handcuffed to the prison wall. One night while Peter was asleep, an angel of the Lord came in and released his shackles (but left the guards in handcuffs to the prison wall) and led him out of the prison. Dr. Alexander said Peter thought he was dreaming---thought it was a "vision" but it was REALITY. The Lord had moved Peter, from what seemed like the END, to a brand new BEGINNING (read the rest of Acts for the rest of the story).

Anyway, Dr. Alexander told me all that I had been through this past year was God's doing. He said the chains from my dead end job had been released and He was moving me on because His purpose for me was still very much alive and more important than ever. Dr. Alexander also told me my shackles were removed because of the prayers of the saints---my friends---who have lifted me up time and time again because they knew my struggles and anxieties. Even when I couldn't pray for myself, the saints---my friends--were lifting me higher and higher unto the Lord.

Dr. Alexander told me God was getting ready to do something so spectacular it was going to blow my mind---that He's going to trump even MY expectations. He told me I'm not dreaming. And you know what, I'm really glad I went to revival last night because I needed to be reminded that God is true to His Word---that He keeps His promises and that DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE when you have the VISION!

That means "Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age WILL become an Amazon Best Seller in November!!!

Oh...and I think I know why our own pastor doesn't do our revivals...because sometimes, just like you and me, he needs some REVIVING too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Trump Has Brought Out the Worst in America

This isn't meant to be another one of those bash Donald Trump blog posts.  This is, instead, a commentary on the negativity his campaign has sparked.  

Racists have come out of the woodwork like roaches in the dark.  For the most part, these supporters would be classified as poor whites, angry because they can't advance with little or no education and the majority of them would also be identified as angry white males.  They have taken off their hoods, jumped on his bandwagon, taken off their hoods and are leading the "make America great" campaign.  They have gotten behind a candidate who spews some of the nastiest comments and behaved in such a manner that has to embarrass any decent, conscientious, law-abiding white person in America.  

People like 78-year-old man John Franklin McGraw of North Carolina have felt free to assault non Trump supporters at presidential candidate's rallies.  "The victim deserved it.  The next time we see him we might have to kill h…

Thank You Lebron James for Fulfilling My Bucket Wish List

You can't grow up in Northeastern Ohio and not be a sports fan.  As a cheerleader in middle and high schools, I came to appreciate and UNDERSTAND the game of football and basketball.  

I remember Marion Motley from the OLD Cleveland (Bulldogs) Browns coming over our house to socialize with my parents.  (He and my mother went to high school together).  I remember  Brian Sipe and the "Kardiac Kids" who always had me on the edge of my seat when they were playing.  I remember how proud I was when my high school classmate Phil Hubbard made his presence known on the Cleveland Cavaliers, along with Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper and Mark Price (the Cavalier's three-point king).

But in all of those years, we never won a championship or even came close.  My saddest memory is the 1987 AFC Championship Game between the Browns and Broncos on January 17, 1988 at Mile High Stadium. With 1:12 left in the game, Browns running back Earnest Byner fumbled on the Broncos 1 yard line while try…

Millennials Want Their Own Day

In case you haven't heard the news, there's a online petition encouraging the man they call the President of the U.S. to establish a National Millennials Day.

Self-proclaimed millennial leaders James Goodnow and Ryan Avery want to establish June 19 as a day for Generation Y to dispel the FAKE NEWS being spread about them.  They say they simply want to show those of us who have labeled them as "entitled" selfish" lazy" "narcissistic" (and other choice adjectives) that they can be important contributors to society.  Their "vision is to make National Millennials Day a day of service--a day when they reach out and help others in their communities.

 According to their website, millennialsday.org, organizers say "With National Millennials Day, we want to turn the stereotypes inside--out.  To show that we're more GENERATION WE than Generation ME. To transform ideals into actions.  To inspire hope for the future.  To celebrate the most open…