Saturday, November 04, 2006

Who needs Oprah? I do! I do!

On November 16, I will attempt to make history by becoming the first UNKNOWN, African-American female, over 40, to hit #1 on the Amazon Best Selling Author's list.

I thought I could do it an easier way by calling on Oprah to help me. You know, sister- to-sister; baby boomer-to-baby boomer, journalist-to-journalist, the Maya Angelou connection....but I guess when you get thousands of books each week, mine would be easy to overlook. I do know one thing: Once she actually READS the book, she will ENJOY it! She will be no different than the others who have already purchased a copy.

So since I can't get Oprah (at least not yet anyway), I'm looking to YOU for support. Let's show the book industry that if you write a good book, no matter who you are, you can take it to the top. I'm so confident in my book's appeal that I am willing to refund anyone's money who will honestly and truthfully say there was absolutely NOTHING they enjoyed about the book.

OK...so here's another reason why you should purchase a copy of Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age from Amazon on November 16

OH....did I mention...I'm also giving away over $1500 in bonus gifts with your purchase?


Another excerpt from Chapter One

"The one mistake I believe many dieters make is they change what and how much they eat to lose the weight. Then when the weight loss goal is achieved, they resort back to their same old eating and drinking habits and wind up gaining back all they worked so hard to lose.

In your journal, you should also write down all of the activities you do that require movement for at least thirty minutes. Did you know house and yard work can be considered exercise? The more space you have to clean burns more calories and if you have to climb up and down stairs, that’s an extra bonus. Mowing the lawn in the spring and summer and raking leaves in the fall are sure fire ways to get your heart rate up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bev, I hope you become the biggest author ever! Read about you in Blogher!

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...