Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Baby Boomer Dieter's Prayer

When all else fails in your diet, there's always PRAYER:


Lord, grant me the strength that I may not fall
into the clutches of cholesterol.

At polyunsaturates I'll never mutter,
for the road to hell is paved with butter.

Cake is cursed and cream is awful
Satan is hiding in every waffle.

Satan's army is full of chocolate drops
and Lucifer, himself, is a lollipop.

Teach me the evils of hollandaise,
of pasta and gobs of mayonnaise,

and crispy fried chicken from the South
Lord, if you love me, please, zip my mouth!


Lord, Your Word says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so I'm asking you to melt away about 20 pounds. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Beverly Mahone is an author and motivational speaker. Her book, "Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age"is available on amazon.com

No comments:

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...