Saturday, June 30, 2007

Menopause Myth #5

Menopause leads to other deadly diseases.

First of all, menopause is NOT a disease. It is a natural occurrence in a woman's life. It is a part of the aging process.

Depending on how intense your menopausal symptoms are, you may want to seek some type of treatment. I don't advocate synthetic drugs but that's just me. I have found natural herbal supplements coupled with a diet rich in whole grains, vegetables and fruits work wonders for me.

What is important to remember is you should take good care of yourself by eating healthy and getting some exercise. When I exercise on a consistent basis, my hot flashes are kept to a minimum. Exercise is also a wonderful way to help you maintain a healthy weight. Excess fat CAN lead to other medical problems.

To learn more about how to enjoy your menopause and to learn how to live drama free with a dash of humor, why not pick up a copy of my book, "Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age" available on Barnes and Noble.com and Amazon.com.

2 comments:

Carine-what's cooking? said...

I hope there isn't really someone out there who thinks menopause is a disease! Unfortunately, there's always that one. Scary, isn't it?

JILL SMOLINSKI said...

Interesting blog... good luck with your book!

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...