Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Beauty of Aging

I'm a Baby Boomer. That means I'm middle-aged. When I look in the mirror I see a different face with a few more wrinkles and one that looks more and more like my mother's. I see a body that could use a makeover and some much needed relief from menopause. But I also see a woman who has been abundantly blessed! I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

That’s the beauty of aging. I appreciate getting older and wiser. It has set me free. I like the person I have become.

I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here I will not waste time lamenting on the would’ve, could’ve, should’ve of my life. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

No comments:

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...