Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Baby Boomer Valentine

Honey, even though you’re getting older with signs of gray
I want you to know I love you more and more each day.

My sexy handsome husband, you’re so worthy of my attention
'Cause you still know how to crank up that old engine.

Your love, your kisses are pure delight
And it’s a joy to snuggle up to you every night.

Thank you for coping with my menopause day after day after day
And finally figuring out that sometimes it’s just best to get out of my way!

Yes, even today you still make me hotter than a hot flash and that’s no lie
My Baby Boomer Valentine, I’ll be yours until the day YOU die.

Original Poem written by Beverly Mahone

3 comments:

Rhea said...

That was one sweet valentine! It's nice to hear about a relationship that works. I know so many people who are in long relationships and just endure.

Debbie Stevens said...

Oh Bev, you ARE hot to trot! lol
What a great poem! Thanks for bringing menopause out of its closet, and giving it a new name!!WOMANHOOD!!! :)

Love Debbie

Anonymous said...

awww.. sweet and sassy. I like it!

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...