Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If My Body Was A Car...

If my body was a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model.

I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it.

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

***This particular post is the courtesy of:
c2003 Linda S Amstutz ***

2 comments:

Parents Rule! said...

That is too funny, Bev!! Very clever...sadly, also very accurate for women our age. But we are also very wise through experiences of life, which counteracts all the other.

Thomases said...

I loved this when I first read it and have to admit that I align closely with some of these things! Oh dear.

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...