Skip to main content

The Ten Commandments of Marriage from a Man's Point of View

**Special thanks to my MARRIED friend, Fred Marvin, for sharing this with me**


Commandment 1
Marriages are made in heaven. But so are thunder and lightning.

***********

Commandment 2
If you want your wife to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say; talk in your sleep.

***********

Commandment 3
Marriage is grand -- and divorce is at least 100 grand!

***********

Commandment 4
Married life is very frustrating. In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year, they both speak and the neighbors listen.

***********

Commandment 5
When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: Either the car is new or the wife is.

***********

Commandment 6
Marriage is when a man and woman become as one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

***********


Commandment 7
Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you say. After marriage, he will fall asleep before you finish.

***********

Commandment 8
Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook. But the law allows only one wife.

***********

Commandment 9
Marriage and love are purely matter of chemistry. That is why wives treat husbands like toxic waste.

***********

Commandment 10
A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.

**********

Bonus Commandment ( Story )

A long married couple came upon a wishing well. The husband leaned over, made a wish and threw in a penny. The wife decided to make a wish too. But she leaned over too much, fell into the well, and drowned.

The husband was stunned for a moment but then smiled, "It worked!"

Comments

Karlyn said…
hehe, this is cute.. I enjoyed the chuckle. I'm also happy to say that hubby and I are coming up on 22 years of marriage and commandment #5 is still going strong.. same old car too. Seriously! Ah, Bet I made you scroll back to remember what #5 was! :)
Betty Lynch said…
Thanks for the chuckle!! Thank goodness for a marriage made in heaven, hubby and I celebrated 20 wonderful years this past November. Here is to marrying your best friend!
Sherry said…
Very funny! I'm sharing this one!
Eileen Williams said…
Well, my friend, you certainly gave me my morning chuckle and this one will last all day!
Coming up on our thirty-fifth wedding anniversary, I can vouch for the validity of most all of these. Even if your list does come from the male perspective... they got this one right!

LOVED IT!
Kathie said…
It's a shame that such negative things can be the source of such mirth, but it's true. Do men and women really have to struggle so much?

Thank God we all don't although my husband does like to tease. I am proud to say we have our 18th anniversary coming up this year and he still opens car doors for me amongst other things. And the chemistry between us is definitely not toxic. Thanks for the giggles.

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Trump Has Brought Out the Worst in America

This isn't meant to be another one of those bash Donald Trump blog posts.  This is, instead, a commentary on the negativity his campaign has sparked.  

Racists have come out of the woodwork like roaches in the dark.  For the most part, these supporters would be classified as poor whites, angry because they can't advance with little or no education and the majority of them would also be identified as angry white males.  They have taken off their hoods, jumped on his bandwagon, taken off their hoods and are leading the "make America great" campaign.  They have gotten behind a candidate who spews some of the nastiest comments and behaved in such a manner that has to embarrass any decent, conscientious, law-abiding white person in America.  

People like 78-year-old man John Franklin McGraw of North Carolina have felt free to assault non Trump supporters at presidential candidate's rallies.  "The victim deserved it.  The next time we see him we might have to kill h…

Thank You Lebron James for Fulfilling My Bucket Wish List

You can't grow up in Northeastern Ohio and not be a sports fan.  As a cheerleader in middle and high schools, I came to appreciate and UNDERSTAND the game of football and basketball.  

I remember Marion Motley from the OLD Cleveland (Bulldogs) Browns coming over our house to socialize with my parents.  (He and my mother went to high school together).  I remember  Brian Sipe and the "Kardiac Kids" who always had me on the edge of my seat when they were playing.  I remember how proud I was when my high school classmate Phil Hubbard made his presence known on the Cleveland Cavaliers, along with Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper and Mark Price (the Cavalier's three-point king).

But in all of those years, we never won a championship or even came close.  My saddest memory is the 1987 AFC Championship Game between the Browns and Broncos on January 17, 1988 at Mile High Stadium. With 1:12 left in the game, Browns running back Earnest Byner fumbled on the Broncos 1 yard line while try…

The Tragedy and Illusion of Facebook

"Things aren't always the way they appear."  No truer words could be spoken following the tragic death of Karen Smith in San Bernardino, CA this week.  She was murdered on her job---in a classroom where she was teaching young students.

What intrigued me about this story was the fact that she and her husband killer, Cedric Anderson were black baby boomers around the same age as my husband and myself.  I was particularly interested in the posts he made on Facebook.  By all accounts, he posted regularly on Facebook about the so-called love and admiration he had for his wife.  He created an image that was clearly contrary to the murderous behavior he demonstrated when he walked into her classroom and killed her.

In a February 27th post, he posted a selfie video and said:  "I love being married to Karen Smith-Anderson!"

March 11 post, he said: "My wife Karen Smith-Anderson is an Angel!!!"

March 12: He posted a youtube song by Sade titled By Your Side and said:…