Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Star Jones Getting a Divorce

For those of you who said it would NEVER last--you were right. Star Jones has filed for a divorce from her husband of three years, Al Reynolds.

In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, The baby boomer diva said, "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts."

Is there anyone reading this who thought it would last? This brings me to a point. Women who reach middle age shouldn't be so eager to get married that they end up making the wrong choice. What's more important---your biological clock or your happily-ever-after?

Sadly, too many sisters feel the need to be married by a certain age and some of them are even pressured by family and friends to take that trip down the aisle---and I do mean "trip!"

You need to read chapter two of my book, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age. The chapter is titled, "Lordy, Lordy, Are There Any Good men Still Left Over 40" to gain some perspective on what to look for in a mate at middle age.

I found it interesting that Star was quoted as saying this in People Magazine shortly after she and Al married:

"Every single wedding fantasy I ever had was fulfilled, down to the most handsome groom in the history of the world."

What she failed to mention was a keyword called LOVE. And as my mama once told me, "It's better to be alone and happy than married and miserable!" It's some of the best advice she ever gave me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A case of 'the grass is greener on the other side!' people think that they're missing out on what others have instead of looking at themselves and considering their happiness within.

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...