Friday, November 17, 2006

Baby Boomer Women Rock the Casbah!

The Amazon Best Selling Author day Promotion has come and gone. No, I don't get to run around bragging about being a "best selling author." I didn't crack the Top 100.

My book went from 1,622,326 to #498. Not a bad showing.

But what IS impressive is the help I got from Baby Boomer women all across the country. And get this, most of them I don't even know! That's right. These are women I've met on line. We chat daily about all kinds of stuff. We've talked about how we came up with names for our kids. We admired the gorgeous new look of a fellow member--complete with "these boots were made for walking" attire. We share heartaches and prayers for sick loved ones and celebrate the births of our grandchildren. I even had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing a woman who spent a couple of years living amongst two packs of wolves in the wilderness.

It's called Internet Marketing and if you do it right, you not only cash in on sales but you gain some "fabulous" friends in the process. I went on line shortly after I lost my job at the television station--looking for women to connect to. The intention was NOT to sell my book but to be someone they could laugh with and exchange ideas. We've done more than our share of that I'm happy to say!

So when it was time for my BIG BEST SELLING AUTHOR DAY, I went to the group I knew would be my biggest cheerleaders and they were!!!

Now to read their comments, you'll have to click on to my Boomer World Blog.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

"I'm not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God to write."

No comments:

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...