Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A day in the Life of a Baby Boomer Diva (from the diary of the Baby Boomer Diva)


Dear Diary,

It's great to wake up with the sunshine beaming through my window! But even if there were no sunshine on the outside, there is plenty of radiance going on inside of me!!!

This time last year, I was miserable in a job that worked me like a slave. Everyone around me thought it was a glamour job because I was in TV-----whatever! Honey, when I write the book on the real, untold story of television news, you won't think it's so glamorous anymore. As a matter of fact, you might end of boycotting news all together for awhile.

But this year, I'm doing exactly what I love and I praise God for having the freedom to do it. After the successful launch of my book, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey into Middle Age, I figured that since I have all of this knowledge and experience as a journalist, I might as well put it to good use with my own business. So here I am with my own company called Soul Solutions and I am what you would call a media coach/consultant. I train individuals on how to prepare themselves for media interviews and because I still have many wonderful friends in the business, I have teamed up with some of them to make sure that my clients get the media interviews they've been seeking.

I am an entrepreneur. I go to work when I want to and I can even work in my pajamas (or if my husband is home, I prefer a negligee). I really enjoy what I’m doing. You see, the one thing about a Diva is----we do everything with PASSION!

I invite you to join the club if you think you have what it wakes.

No comments:

Passing the Torch from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Gen Z

Whether baby boomers can accept it or not, a changing of the guard has taken place with  millennials and the up and coming Gen Z generations...